Will or testament is a legal document which explicitly provides the way in which a person who has died, wanted that his property should be divided or distributed among his legal heirs, thereby making it a very important document when it comes to inheritance of property.
- Many times it has been seen that NRI who is living abroad, dies in an accident and his share in ancestral house or land is usurped by his brothers or their sons or possession of his property is illegally taken over by some strangers or
goons .Hence, it is very important to keep a draft of Will ready in case you own any land or immovable property in India.
- Similarly, many times it has been seen that after the death of NRI father, his children get stuck into lifelong litigation regarding inheritance of property which is situated in Punjab.
- Many times, properties of NRIs are illegally taken over by strangers or relatives on the basis of
forgedwill. It is very important to challenge such forged wills and file criminal cases of forgery under IndianPenal Code against such criminals.
- Many times it happens that a deceased leaves a valid will but his children who have lived all their lives abroad and have rarely visited India do not know how to get the property transferred in their names and thereafter how to sell the land or immovable land on the basis of that will.
Services provided by us
In case, you own some land or immovable property then it is very important to get your Will drafted in a manner that will make it a VALID legal document so that your heirs including your wife, children etc. will not have any problem in future in getting the property transferred in their name. It is also important so that no other person can challenge it in the Court on the false grounds of force, fraud etc.
- Any person who is above 18 years of age and is of sound mind can get his will prepared.
- Will must contain his wishes in the form of declaration regarding the way in which he wants his property to be disposed of or transferred.
- Will must be dated and signed by the person who
- Will must be signed in the presence of
A Will can be challenged on the grounds of Fraud, Coercion, Undue influence, Lack of formalities, Lack of capacity of the person executing it, forgery etc.
Transfer of Property through Will
i.e. transfer of property in the names of legal heirs on the basis of Will, which is also called Execution of Will.
Need A Consultant?
We Provide a one-time free legal consultation relating to all your NRI related enquiries in India. This consultation includes a proper review of your legal- enquire/case and a phone call with one of our Attorneys. Our team believes that it is very important to understand our clients before they engage us as their attorneys.
Registration for OCI card for a foreign national after marriage with an Indian citizen or OCI card holder
Introduction An Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) Card guarantees the holder a number of rights and privileges in India which they would otherwise not be entitled to. There is no need to give up your existing citizenship to obtain an OCI card. To know more about the...
Introduction to Overseas Citizen of India Card An Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) Card is issued by the government of India to different classes of people under the Section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955. The card is extremely beneficial as it guarantees the holder...
What is Earnest Money? It is the money given by the buyer to the seller in order to show that the intention of purchase of the property is bona fide. It binds both the parties to the contract (agreement to sell) and insures the interests of both the parties in the...
Contact Us About Your Case
From Our Clients
Sehrab Singh Benipal
Owner, Benipal kisan kender
“A Amazing Team of lawyers, who actually care about their clients, they handled my criminal matter in which i was falsely implicated, in a very professional manner. There monthly legal report through which they updated me regarding the status of my case is a very helpful tool, this way of working was something new to me and it was great”
Jaspreet Benipal demonstrated his legal expertise and knowledge when my siblings and I hired him to assist us with property cases after our father’s passing. We needed the proper explanation about the legal process, especially being raised in the United States. His interaction with us, along with guidance gave the comfort and knowledge needed for legal issues that can be overwhelming.
NRI legal consultants
Excellent service! The team is really knowledgeable, courteous and efficient. Also, they’re helping who cannot afford a lawyer, which is in contrast to other law firms in India as they are genuinely trying to provide legal assistance to everyone. So, don’t hesitate to contact them for any kind of legal assistance. Thank you!