Will or testament is a legal document which explicitly provides the way in which a person who has died, wanted that his property should be divided or distributed among his legal heirs, thereby making it a very important document when it comes to inheritance of property.
Need an Advice from Expert Lawyers?
Call us Today!
For 1 Time Free Legal Consultation (20 minutes).
Problems faced by NRIs:
- Many times it has been seen that NRI who is living abroad, dies in an accident and his share in ancestral house or land is usurped by his brothers or their sons or possession of his property is illegally taken over by some strangers or goons . Hence, it is very important to keep a draft of Will ready in case you own any land or immovable property in India.
- Similarly, many times it has been seen that after the death of NRI father, his children get stuck into lifelong litigation regarding inheritance of property which is situated in Punjab.
- Many times, properties of NRIs are illegally taken over by strangers or relatives on the basis of forged will. It is very important to challenge such forged wills and file criminal cases of forgery under Indian Penal Code against such criminals.
- Many times it happens that a deceased leaves a valid will but his children who have lived all their lives abroad and have rarely visited India do not know how to get the property transferred in their names and thereafter how to sell the land or immovable land on the basis of that will.
Services provided by us:
Drafting of Will
In case, you own some land or immovable property then it is very important to get your Will drafted in a manner that will make it a VALID legal document so that your heirs including your wife, children etc. will not have any problem in future in getting the property transferred in their name. It is also important so that no other person can challenge it in the Court on the false grounds of force, fraud etc.
- Any person who is above 18 years of age and is of sound mind can get his will prepared.
- Will must contain his wishes in the form of declaration regarding the way in which he wants his property to be disposed of or transferred.
- Will must be dated and signed by the person who getting it prepared.
- Will must be signed in the presence of Two witnesses.
Challenging the legality of Will in the Courts of law
A Will can be challenged on the grounds of Fraud, Coercion, Undue influence, Lack of formalities, Lack of capacity of the person executing it, forgery etc.
Transfer of Property through Will
i.e. transfer of property in the names of legal heirs on the basis of Will, which is also called Execution of Will.
From Our Clients
I am trying my best to put gratitude in words for Mr. Jaspreet Benipal. They way he helped me / guided me for my case in India (having some foreign court connection) is really commendable. He has not only saved my time but money too. My lawyer had been misguiding me since last 2 years but when I consulted NRI Legal Consultants, Mr. Benipal advised me the best way which worked in court. Thank you Jaspreet Benipal ji and team NRI Legal Consultants for all the help. I would recommend people to use your expertise in their legal matters. Sometimes, only a second opinion matters.
If you are an NRI, I highly recommend calling Jaspreet to discuss your legal matters. He is direct and clear in his communication unlike the many other lawyers I talked to India. I felt Japreet was genuine in has advice and very knowledge about the judicial system in India. I suggest don’t waste your time with the other Lawyers that over-promise and under-deliver just to collect fees in India, give NRI Legal Consultants a try.
Excellent service! The team is really knowledgeable, courteous and efficient. Also, they’re helping who cannot afford a lawyer, which is in contrast to other law firms in India as they are genuinely trying to provide legal assistance to everyone. So, don’t hesitate to contact them for any kind of legal assistance. Thank you!
The Consumer Court is a dispute redressal forum for consumers. It has three levels: District Consumer Forum State Consumer Forum National Consumer Forum When a party is aggrieved by the order of the District Consumer Commission, an appeal is filed before the State...
Power of Attorney: What is it? A Power of Attorney (POA) is a document signed by a person or a party that gives a right to their legal representative to act on their behalf. It creates a principal-legal relationship between the two parties and the acts of the...
Marriage has been defined as, “The state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a legal, consensual, and contractual relationship recognized and sanctioned by and dissolvable only by law.” It refers to the legal recognition of the...
Contact Us About Your Case
We Provide a one-time free legal consultation relating to all your NRI related enquiries in India. This consultation includes a proper review of your legal- enquire/case and a phone call with one of our Attorneys. Our team believes that it is very important to understand our clients before they engage us as their attorneys.